Android devices come with various exciting features, but most of the users don’t have the mastery over all the tasks and their features. Every new update brings various novel functions with recent technology. If you are aware of the new features and don’t want to miss any of them, and then continue with this article completely. We are going to tell you about the latest featured necessary tips and tricks so that you know the features of your android device.
In case you are waiting for recent Android 10 updates, then you can take the help of an update tracker and be prepared for the latest tips.
1. Changing Device’s Theme by Enabling Dark Mode Features
The Dark mode is one of the most preferred sets of modes to make your screen watching experience much comfortable. It reduces strains and spontaneous dazzling effects of bright lights coming from the screen. It is suitable for night viewing. One can take the help of the dark mode guide on Android 10 OS.
In case you wish to enable dark mode on your android device, then abide by these instructions:
- In the beginning, navigate to the Settings page and then hit the “Display” tab there.
- Now, press the option “Dark Theme” and activate it by toggling the slide tab.
2. Changing Color Schemes and Font Styles of Available Icons
Users of Android 10 are allowed to modify icon appearance, color schemes, and fonts as there are various themes available on this Android version. To do so, follow these points in a sequence:
- First of all, tap on Settings.
- Then, hit the Display tab there.
- Now, hit the option “Styles and Wallpapers.” Here you will be provided four different color themes. You can choose any of the available styles and preset color options.
3. Using Focus Mode
The “Focus Mode” is a feature of Android 10 that lets you focus on only important notifications and stops you from viewing unnecessary messages on your device. It locks all the distracting applications once the Focus mode is enabled.
This mode can be accessed through the Digital Wellbeing section located under the Settings menu. In case you wish to access and want to activate the Focus mode on your device, then continue with the followed steps:
- Firstly, hit the Settings tab and then tap on Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls option there.
- Next, tap on the Focus Mode tab.
Note: It is recommended to add the “Digital Wellbeing” application to the app listing.
- Once you have successfully activated the Focus mode on your device, then you will be allowed to delete or add various applications from your blacklist. One can add this feature to the system’s Quick Settings bar. This bar is located inside the Notification section.
4. Activating Gesture Navigation
The newly launched updated gesture navigation features on Android 10 is an interesting tool that enables the users to switch between three dynamic gestures. To activate this feature on your device, pursue these instructions:
- First and foremost, hit the “Settings” application.
- Next, hit the “System” section.
- After that, press the option “Gestures.”
- Now, tap on the “System Navigation” option there.
- The system navigation features are completely personalized and play a very important role in handling multiple features without touching the screen.
5. Using Live Captions
Live Caption is one of the interesting features that are available only on some of the Pixel phones. In case your device is a Caption supported device, then you are lucky. This feature adds captions to your audio and video contents that never require internet connectivity. It’s very effortless to perform this task, pull out your desired media to which you wish to add it.
- At the start, hit the Volume key and then press the Live Caption box. It will appear just below the Volume bars.
- In case you are unable to view the Caption box on your device’s screen, then navigate to Settings.
- After that, hit the Accessibility option there.
- Next, press the option “Live Caption” and make sure that the Live Caption in Volume Bar is activated successfully.
6. Using Improved Smart Reply
Android 10 also comes with updated messaging reply features that act swiftly and smartly. In the latest updates, with the contextual auto-responses in messaging functionality, new updates act smartly in the messaging app. Whenever you receive a link based notifications on your device, it will open automatically and executes the link further, whether it is video, audio, or any other document.
Primarily, it was compatible with SMS service, but now it is available on other messaging applications such as FB Messenger, etc.
7. Changing App Permissions
Now, you can manage various apps permissions running on Android 10. A dedicated area is assigned to view various apps permissions for selected applications.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Then, hit the Privacy option.
- After that, tap on the Permission Manager there. This section enables you to manage multiple permissions and access to your desired apps.
8. Managing Google Location Permission Access
- First and foremost, hit the “Settings” tab.
- Then, navigate to the Privacy section.
- After that, go to the “Permission Manager” option and hit on it.
- Now, tap the Location option and manage it as you wish.
David Maxwell is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.