Installing the latest updates on Windows serves several pros, like system enhancement, security functionality, and threat eradication. However, the update process itself can show errors like 0x80190001. In case the user is facing the same, then they can avail of our help. So, here are the steps to fix the error.
Launch Windows Update Troubleshooter
In case you intend to launch the Windows update troubleshooter, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Launch the Settings app to open the troubleshooter. You should open it either via the Start Menu or through holding the keystrokes Win + I keys at the same time.
- After that, locate and choose the last section, namely the Update and Security option.
- Go to the left-hand side panel of the next screen, choose the Troubleshoot option. Move to its parallel right-hand side panel and find the Windows Update.
- You should choose the Windows Update option and select the un the troubleshooter option.
- Now, go to the wizard and for the faults, launch the troubleshooter scanning. Thereafter, head to the bottom and try to navigate the error code 0x80190001 issue.
Using Windows Media Creation Utility
If the users are trying to use Windows Media Creation utility, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Go to the ‘Windows 10 upgrade’ site through Microsoft and download the tool of installation media from there.
- Then, select the ‘Download Tool now’ button.
- After downloading the tool, launch the folder of Downloads and twice click the MediaCreationTool.exe file.
- You should accept the terms of the license and move further through choosing the option of ‘Upgrade this PC now’. Then click on the Next button.
- Continuing forward, choose the Keep personal files and apps option in sort to leave the files, settings, and applications untouched.
- Now, select the Install option to begin the upgrading procedure.
Setup the Internet Time Settings
In case you intend to set up the Internet time settings, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Press the Win + I keys at the same time on your system to launch the Settings.
- After that, choose the Time and Language section.
- Go to the right-hand side panel of the pursuing screen, select the ‘Add clocks for different time zones’ option.
- It’s instantly launched a small screen of ‘Date & Time’ on the system.
- Move to the ‘Internet Time’ section and click on the ‘Change Settings’ option.
- Make sure that to tick a box “Synchronize with an Internet time server. “
- Later, click on the Update now, an option on the section.
- Finally, shut all screens, and it scans bypass the Windows Update errors.
Detach Internet Connection
In case you are running the ISO file, make sure to detach the internet connection while the configure phase to avoid any errors. So, while configuration, the system cannot have any internet connectivity. Moreover, in case you are upgrading via Windows Update, then remove the internet connection after downloading reaches out 100%. This result worked like a charm, and they did not any remain errors in the upgrade procedure.
Turn off Antivirus
Prior to updating the system, do a full system scan through the antivirus solution. After finishing the scan process, turn off the antivirus software. It is essential to execute because experts reviewed that the existence of antivirus is a reason for this 0x80190001 error code. Once you turn off the software, attempt installing the updates.
Detach External Peripherals
Detach all external connections such as game controllers, Printer, USB drive, External Hard disk, and another external from the system. Furthermore, look if any non-essential device is linked to the system or not. In case you locate any, disconnect it from the system and then begin the installation procedure.
David Maxwell is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.