Google Chrome is undoubted amidst the best web browsers on the web, but it has some errors too. One such error is the ERR QUIC PROTOCOL ERROR. If you are facing the same as well, then read through the blog. So, here are the instructions to solve the error.
Turn off the QUIC Protocol
In case you intend to turn off the QUIC Protocol, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Firstly, you have to open the Chrome browser on your screen.
- After that, reach the address bar and input “chrome://flags” and hit the Enter key.
- Go to the screen that opens, and you will locate an experimental features list beneath the ‘Available’ tab, move down, and find the “Experimental QUIC protocol.”
- Then spread out the drop-down section next to the option and choose ‘Disabled’ quickly you do so, a box will show at the lower of the window, prompting you to open the browser now to save the change.
- You should select the button to reboot the system.
- Once the Chrome reboots, the ‘Experimental QUIC protocol’ will be turned off now. Check whether the error has been properly solved.
Delete or Turn off Third-Party Browser Extensions
If the users are trying to delete or turn off third-party browser extensions, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Go to the Google Chrome browser and open it on your system.
- After that, reach the URL section and insert “chrome://extensions” into it and hit the Enter key.
- Navigate to the screen that launches, switch the toggles on the applicable extensions to turn off them.
- Now, reboot the system and check whether the issue will still happen when you attempt to load a site. In case it does not, then return to ‘chrome://extensions’ and turn on the extensions you believe. This method, you should check out the one that caused the error and delete it.
Turn off the Firewall Temporarily
In case you intend to turn off the Firewall temporarily, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Hold the Win + R keys at the same time on your system to launch the Run section.
- After that, input the’ control panel’ into it and then hit the Enter key.
- Go to the screen that launches, choose the ‘Category’ option in the ‘View by’ drop-down section in the upper right-hand side of the window.
- You should select the System and Security and then choose the Windows Firewall option.
- Reach the left side of the window, select the ‘Turn Windows Firewall on or off.’
- Now, choose the ‘Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)’ and select the OK option to apply the change.
Check the LAN Settings
If the users are trying to check the LAN settings, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Navigate to the Start menu on your system.
- After that, select the Settings option.
- You should select the Network and Internet option and then choose the Proxy option.
- Then switch the toggle to enable the “Automatically detect settings” option.
- Also, switch the toggle of “Use a proxy server” to disable it.
- Get a return to the Network and Internet section then select the VPN option.
- Thereafter, choose the connection you would like to delete and select the ‘Remove’ option.
- Finally, click on the Remove button to verify.
Reset the Google Chrome Browser
In case you intend to reset the Google Chrome browser, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Navigate to the Chrome browser and open it on your system.
- Thereafter, select the Menu button in the upper right-hand side of the window and choose the Settings option.
- You should move down at the end of the screen and spread out the ‘Advanced’ drop-down section.
- Then move down once more to the end of the screen. Beneath the ‘Reset and Clean up,’ select the ‘Restore settings to their original defaults.’
- Later, click on the Reset Settings option to verify the action.
- Finally, reboot the Chrome and check whether the error happens.
David Maxwell is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.