The “Missing Proofing Tools” error sometimes occurs in Microsoft Word due to faulty files, incorrect language, or incorrect MS Office installation. It can be fixed by repairing your Word document or changing the language preferences settings.
Missing Proofing Tools errors arise while editing a Word document. In case you are among those who are facing these errors, then read on and follow the solutions mentioned below. Here is how you can fix this error on Windows 10.
Changing Proofing Language Manually
Here is how to change proofing language manually on your Windows 10:
- First of all, open the MS Word on your device’s screen and then launch the particular document having the error.
- Hit the Ctrl and A tab to select the entire text of your document.
- After that, launch the Review tab directly from the toolbar section.
- Hit the pull-drop menu of language.
- Go to the Language section and then select the option Set Proofing Language.
- Now, select your desired language from the new language section.
- Hit the option “Set as Default” if you like to set the language as the default one for all your documents.
- Press the OK button to proceed.
- Save the changes you have made.
Installing Proofing Tools 2016
Here are the steps for installing Proofing Tools 2016 on your device:
- First and foremost, go to microsoft.com and then open the MS Office Proofing Tools 2016.
- Choose the language from the download center page.
- Now, hit the Download tab to proceed.
- Choose the version 32-bit or 64-bit for proofing tools based on your OS edition.
- Hit the Next tab there.
- Now, run the installer and then follow on-screen directions to install your proofing tools for Office 2016.
- Note: It is necessary to install a 32-bit proofing tool for a 32-bit Windows device and a 64-bit for a 64-bit device.
- Once you have successfully installed the proofing tools 2016, re-launch Microsoft Office app on your device and then check if the issue is resolved or not.
Fixing Word Installation
Here is how to fix MS Word installation issues to resolve Missing Proofing Tools:
- At the start, hit two different keys simultaneously: Window and R to launch the Run dialog box.
- After that, enter “Control” and then hit the OK tab.
- Go to the Control Panel and then press the Programs tab.
- Then, hit the Programs and Features option.
- Now, choose the option MS Word from the listing of installed apps.
- Hit the Change option and then press the Yes button if prompted by the UAC window.
- Choose the Quick Repair tab and then tap on Repair again if the confirmation prompt appears.
- Wait for the repairing process to finish. In case the error persists, perform the Online Repair.
- Hit the Repair option to proceed. The process might take longer, but it troubleshoots all issues with the installation of your MS Office.
- Once the repair procedure is complete, reboot the MS Office and ensure that the proofing tools error is completely fixed.
David Maxwell is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.