If you are getting troubled by an error that depicts the message of ‘PC/Device needs to be repaired, then your system needs repair. If you are facing a similar issue there here are the steps to fix the error.
Modify Date of System
In case you intend to modify the date of the system, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Go to the clock and right-click on your system in the lower right-hand side of the screen.
- After that, click on the Adjust date/time option.
- You should modify ‘Set time automatically’ to Off.
- Select the Change option into the section ‘Change date and time.’
- Finally, input the right data and select the Change button.
Through Command Prompt
If the users are trying to fix the error through command prompt, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- You should attach a bootable media with the system.
- Thereafter, input the BIOS and adjust the previous date.
- Then place a bootable media the first boot device.
- You have to apply the modifications and then close it.
- When you reach Windows installation page, hold the ‘Shift + F10’ keys at the same time.
that, input the commands provided under as the command prompt launches:
- cd c: windows
- attrib -r -h -s bootstat.dat
- rename bootstat.dat bootstat.old
- Once you execute the above command, remove the ‘Windows 10 installation media’ then reboot it.
- Once you reboot the Windows 10 system, you will be capable of downloading and installing the newest build.
- Now, once you install the newest build, you should adjust the date once again.
Installing Unavailable Updates
In case you intend to install unavailable updates, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Go to the Win + I keys at the same time on your system.
- After that, browse for the tab ‘Update and Security.’
- You should select the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- When you see any applicable updates, then they will start downloading automatically.
- Once the downloads are finished, it will be installed in the system when you reboot it.
Attempt Launching the Troubleshooter
If the users are trying to attempt to launch the troubleshooter, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Hold the Win + I keys at the same time on your system.
- After that, click on the Settings panel.
- Navigate to the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- You should click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Finally, find the ‘Blue Screen’ option on the right then select the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ to launch the Blue Screen Troubleshooter and pursue another option of the window.
Execute an In-Place Upgrade
In case you intend to execute an in-place upgrade, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Navigate to the site of Microsoft and reach the ‘Media Creation Tool’ then download it.
- After that, start the app and choose the ‘Upgrade this PC.’
- Then select the Next button to continue.
- Now, the setup will ready for an upgrade.
- You should choose ‘Download and install updates (recommended).’
- Go to the Next button and click on it.
- Then pursue the provided steps on the window and wait for the Windows to look for the updates.
- When everything functions in sort, you will view the ‘Ready to install’ option.
- You should select the option ‘Change what to keep.’
- Go to the ‘Keep personal files and apps’ and click on it.
- You have to select the Next option to continue.
- Once you have done, the update procedure will start.
- Now, you have to wait for half an hour to finish the update process.
Remove Motherboard Battery
In case the battery of the motherboard of the PC is not functioning correctly, the date may modify at any time. If you would like to fix the error, then you require to look the date; whether it gets modified consistently, you turn off the system.
David Maxwell is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.