Apple Watch is an ingenious wearable device that runs on watchOS. Users need to pair this watch to an iOS smartphone because it can’t work without iPhone pairing.
When it comes to pairing your Apple Watch with iPhone, you just need to have the Apple Watch application already installed on your device (iPhone). In case you have removed the app, then promptly download it from the App Store.
Here is how to set up a new Apple Watch through pairing procedure with iPhone:
Automatically Pair a New Apple Watch with iPhone.
- At the start, open the Watch application directly on your iOS smartphone. Alternatively, users can place the wearable device close to the iPhone for launching a similar interface to the AirPods pairing screen that will then open the Watch app.
- Hit the Start Pairing option.
- Now, take your iPhone over the wearable device until the Apple Watch is lined-up into the central portion of the existing yellow rectangle.
- After some time, you will be able to view a pairing confirmation message that will say “Your Apple Watch is Successfully Paired.”
Note: You can select the option for pairing Apple Watch via Scratch or restoring Apple Watch through backup procedure.
Pairing Apple Watch with iPhone through Manual Process
- First, open the Apple Watch app directly on your smartphone. Alternatively, you can bring your wearable device closer to your iPhone for launching up a similar interface to the AirPods pairing display, which will further launch the Watch app on your device.
- Now, press the Start Pairing option.
- Next, hit the Pair Apple Watch Manually option.
- Tap on the “i” button available on the Apple Watch to see the device’s name.
- Choose the Apple Watch from the listing on your smartphone.
- Select the Scratch or Restore Apple Watch option for backing and setting up the wearable device.
Setting-Up Apple Watch through Scratch
Setting up a wearable device through Scratch is a very straightforward process, and one can use these below-written instructions to know the whole procedure:
- Once the pairing process finishes, hit the option “Set up as New Apple Watch.”
- After that, hit either Right or Left tab to let it inform you about the wrist on which you wish to wear your Apple Watch.
- After that, press the Agree tab to agree with the watchOS user agreement.
- Now, press the Agree tab to confirm.
- Then, you need to set up Find My iPhone and Activation Lock by typing your secured Apple ID.
- Next, hit the OK to proceed. This option will indicate that you are correctly understood with the Shared Settings for your Apple Watch and iPhone.
- ⮚ After that, hit the tab “Create a Passcode” for setting-up a secure password for your wearable device.
- You may tap on “Add a Long Passcode” option for adding a secure password longer than four characters.
- Hit the option “Don’t Add Passcode” if you don’t wish to add a passcode for your Apple Watch.
- Press the option “create a four-digit passcode” on Apple Watch.
- Type your secured password again to verify.
- In case you own an Apple wearable device having LTE service, then you need to select whether to Set-up Cellular on the respective wearable device.
- Tap the Set-up Apple Pay option. You can type your card security details or entire number. It depends on the card you wish to add.
- Hit the Continue button to mention Emergency SOS.
- Hit the Install All option for installing all the available watchOS applications right on your iPhone.
- Press Choose Later option if you don’t wish to include iOS apps.
- Now, permit your wearable device to pair with your smartphone. Once finished pairing, your Apple Watch is completely ready . You may also see navigation tips on Apple Watch with the name “Apple Watch Basics.”
Note: You can also use a backup procedure for restoring your Apple wearable device. Make sure to follow the instructions for the same.
Pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone to enjoy a seamless experience. You can use your watch to play games, answer calls, and even send texts.
David Maxwell is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.